Friday, June 8, 2007

oh hai...



my good friend samantha told me i was being ranty today. and then my pal meg suggested fridays should be a bit lighter.

granted, i don't really care what either of these chicks have to say....false, they're smart ladies and i concur. also, i'm bored off my face today, so a fun post you shall have, readers!

by now, just about every one who has a computer knows about LOLcats. they've been linked to, blogged about, digged, redd, and threaded for months. but gollygee i simply can't put my finger on why i love them so much. i hate cats. they chase balls of yarn and shit in boxes and are all around bitches. inside cats are inside b/c they threw a fit when their owner tried to take them outside and outside cats are strays. period. also, they're assholes.

now, i'm a bit of nerd. i know, i know -- i'm also awesome, but i sometimes overanalyze things. and when i become obsessed with something, i become obsessed with it.

so i did some research this caturday (see what i mean...) and dug up the origin of the LOLcats. turns out they're pretty damn old! which generally bugs me. i don't like sequels or remakes or movies based on books or series' in general. i appreciate inventiveness. but in this case, these cats would have died permanently had some bloke out there not revived them.

so good on ya, anonymous dude/gal (probably gal)! and thank you for helping me and my colleagues get through many a long work day....


No comments: