Wednesday, July 18, 2007

monsoon love story

well, i've officially fallen head over heels in love. it's bad too -- that can't tear yourself away, miserable when you're anywhere else, you're now a totally different person kind of love.

yup, i'm in love with new york. finally.

my heart will always belong to boston, but i don't really anticipate my love affair with this city ending anytime soon. and like any affair, it's not easy. my lover tortures me pretty much daily. it throws me freezing winters with the added challenge of "haaaaaaayll no, i'm not plowing these streets. try trekking through 3 day old dirty slush in those new heels, baby!"

now, it's summer. but instead of getting beaches and boats, my lovahhh throws me humidity and nasty smelling garbage, or homeless people, or subway pee, or i guess a nostril-burning, acidic combination of all of these things. and, as if the constant terrorist threats weren't enough, today we have a natural disaster. or at least it seems to be -- it's thunder/lighting/monsooning out.

like a typical girl, though, i just keep coming back for more...

No comments: